Tony and Grammy Award-Winner Billy Porter’s new studio album, Billy Porter Presents The Soul of Richard Rodgers, will be released April 14, 2017 and is available for pre-order now on iTunes and Amazon. The album, which features new, soulful takes on classic Richard Rodgers songs, includes solos and duets from the following artists (in addition to Porter himself): Tony and Grammy Award winners Cynthia Erivo (The Color Purple), Renée Elise Goldsberry (Hamilton) and Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton), Tony Award-winner Patina Miller (Pippin), Grammy Award winners Pentatonix and India.Arie, Tony Award nominees Brandon Victor Dixon (Shuffle Along), Joshua Henry (Violet), and Christopher Jackson (Hamilton), alongside YouTube sensation and Kinky Boots star Todrick Hall and multiple Grammy Award nominees Deborah Cox and Ledisi.
“I like to think of this as the Richard Rodgers version of the Hamilton Mixtapes,” Porter said. “These are classic songs that everybody knows and loves, and I’m so excited for people to hear them in a brand new way.”
Billy Porter Presents The Soul of Richard Rodgers marks Porter’s fourth studio album, and his first as producer and content curator, with collaborators James Sampliner and Michael “Lofey” Sandlofer.
In March, Porter launches a national tour that kicks off in Bayside, NY on March 19.
The complete track listing for Billy Porter Presents The Soul of Richard Rodgers is as follows:
- Oh, What a Beautiful Morning (Pentatonix & Billy Porter)
- My Romance (Leslie Odom Jr.)
- If I Loved You (Renée Elise Goldsberry & Christopher Jackson)
- With a Song in My Heart (Brandon Victor Dixon & Joshua Henry)
- I Have Dreamed (Patina Miller)
- My Funny Valentine (Cynthia Erivo)
- I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair (Todrick Hall & Billy Porter)
- This Nearly was Mine (Deborah Cox)
- Bewitched (Ledisi featuring Zaire Park)
- Carefully Taught (India.Arie & Billy Porter)
- Lady is a Tramp (Billy Porter featuring Zaire Park)
- Edelweiss (Billy Porter)